In Vivo Assay Services - Acute, Subchronic, Chronic Toxicology Studies
Your In Vivo Toxicology Specialists
MB Research Labs specializes in the conduct of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) compliant toxicology assays. MB Research studies are designed to meet the requirements of the applicable regulatory agencies, or tailored to meet your specific needs.
We offer more than 45 years of experience in the conduct of acute, sub-chronic and chronic toxicology studies designed to meet the regulatory guidelines.
- OECD – Guidelines for Testing Chemicals, Section 4: Health Effects
- FDA – Redbook II, 1993, Toxicology Principals – Safety Assessment of Direct Food Additives and Color Additives Used in Food
- EPA-OPPTS/OCSPP – Health Effects Test Guidelines
- FHSA (16 CFR Federal Hazardous Substance Act)
- DOT (49 CFR 173 Shippers General Requirements for Shipments)
- ISO/USP – International Organization for Standardization / United States Pharmacopeia
- ICH – International Conference on Harmonization
- REACh – Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals
In Vivo Testing
- In Vivo Efficacy
- Toxicokinetics / Pharmacokinetics
- Neurotoxicity Screen Studies (Functional Observational Battery)
- Mouse Ear Swelling Test
- Oral Mucosal Irritation (Hamsters, Rats)
- Oral Tissue Corrosivity (Rats)
- Vaginal & Anal Mucous Membrane Irritation (Rabbits)
- Medical Device Testing – Subcutaneous Implant
- Intra-vaginal Irritation (Rabbits)
- Penile Irritation (Rabbits)
- Comedogenicity Assay (Rabbits)
- Photo-Sensitization (Rabbits, Mouse – Photo-LLNA)
- Photo-Toxic Irritation (Rabbits, Mice)
MB's Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) meets at least six times each year to monitor the care and use of research animals.
The committee reviews procedures, protocols and the facility to ensure that all phases meet or exceed the requirements of the Animal Welfare
Act and the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals.
MB Research Laboratories prides itself on pursuing alternative toxicological methods that reduce, refine and replace the use of animals
in toxicological research. For over 25 years, MB has pioneered the development and validation of alternative tests with a goal on replacing
laboratory animals in toxicological research.