Cytotoxicity testing is a rapid and cost-effective tool to screen for potential toxicity before a compound enters expensive advance testing and development. MB Research has extensive experience with cytotoxicity in murine keratinocytes and fibroblasts, human and other primary cell lines from different sources (ECACC, ATCC )
MB conducts Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) compliant in vitro cytotoxicity assessments for the cosmetic, consumer product, chemical, biotech and pharmaceutical industries.
Three Dimensional Human Tissue Equivalent Systems
Agar Overlay or MEM Elution
- For medical device applications.
- Agar Overlay Assay - Test Sample is placed onto an agar surface overlaid onto a monolayr of L929 cells. Neutral red dye is used to differentiate between the viable, stressed or lysed cells.
- MEM Elution Assay - designed to show the presence of toxic material eluted from a test sample as it affects L929 cells cultured in the presence of the extract.
Keratinocyte/Fibroblast Viability Assay (Neutral Red or MTT)
MB Research uses normal human primary epidermal keratinocytes or fibroblasts (or mouse keratinocytes and fibroblasts)
- Cells are representative of the eye and skin epithelium
- Human cells are derived from neonatal, adolescent, or aged donors
- Cytokine expression or release (LDH, PGE-2, interleukins) can be measured
- Low serum or serum free protocol options are available