Acute Systemic Toxicity Testing
Your Trusted Toxicology Testing Partner
MB Research Laboratories conducts acute, subchronic, chronic toxicology and pharmacology studies. Standard studies at MB are available to meet the product safety testing requirements of the applicable regulatory agencies, or tailored to meet the specific need.
Acute studies are selected and conducted based on the intended use of the test substance and applicable regulatory requirements. Commonly requested protocols, such as below are available upon request.
In Vivo Toxicology Testing (FDA, EPA, OECD, OCSPP)
Subchronic and chronic toxicology studies are conducted at MB Research and are individually designed for the sponsor in order to comply with specific regulatory requirements and intended use of the test substance.
Studies are performed by highly trained and qualified personnel and closely supervised by a Senior Toxicologist at every phase.
Pathological requirements related to studies are under the direction of a Board Certified Veterinary Pathologist.
For more information regarding MB Research Labs and our capabilities, please download our Capabilities Statement or call a Client Services Agent at 1(215) 536-4110.
In Vitro Toxicology Testing
MB Research Labs also offers cutting-edge, compliant in vitro testing strategies and protocols as alternatives to Regulatory Toxicology Tests.
Cytotoxicity testing is a rapid and cost-effective tool to screen for potential toxicity before a compound enters expensive advance testing and development. MB Research has extensive experience with cytotoxicity in murine keratinocytes and fibroblasts, human and other primary cell lines from different sources (ECACC, ATCC ).
MB conducts Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) compliant in vitro cytotoxicity assessments for the cosmetic, consumer product, chemical, biotech and pharmaceutical industries.
Agar Overlay or MEM Elution
- For medical device applications.
- Agar Overlay Assay - Test Sample is placed onto an agar surface overlaid onto a monolayer of L929 cells. Neutral red dye is used to differentiate between the viable, stressed or lysed cells.
- MEM Elution Assay - designed to show the presence of toxic material eluted from a test sample as it affects L929 cells cultured in the presence of the extract.
Keratinocyte/Fibroblast Viability Assay (Neutral Red or MTT)
MB Research uses normal human primary epidermal keratinocytes or fibroblasts (or mouse keratinocytes and fibroblasts)
- Cells are representative of the eye and skin epithelium
- Human cells are derived from neonatal, adolescent, or aged donors
- Cytokine expression or release (LDH, PGE-2, interleukins) can be measured
- Low serum or serum free protocol options are available